Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Christmas questionnaire

I saw this over at Matt and Kara Adopt and thought I'd so it myself. 
 
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate! I love me some peppermint cocoa.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was younger, but my mom thought it was cute to write from santa till we were in junior high.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? The past two years living with my mom have been white lights, but when I'm living with my love again I'm sure they'll be colored.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sadly, no.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Growing up we used to put them up Thanksgiving night, but this year we put them up the weekend before Thanksgiving. It was nice not having to clean up right away after eating a huge meal to put it up, and we all got to sit and enjoy each others company.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom makes an amazing strawberry dish, and her potatoes are so yummmmy! mmmm...
 7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I loved when my sister and I got to spent Christmas at my mom's. It always felt like home.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Around second grade. I pretty much already knew, but my dad thought he'd let us know anyways.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Only one year when my we weren't going to be with my mom on Christmas. I was a good night.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It always changes. This year we have white light with silver ornaments and a flocked tree.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I love it! It's not Christmas without it.
12. Can you ice skate? ummmm no.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I love them all, but one that stands out was the necklace my love made me two years ago. We were having money problems and the fact that he put so much effort into it made me the happiest girl.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with my family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I love peppermint during Christmas. Especially my mom's peppermint cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  for the past several years on Christmas eve the whole family gets together and has fondu and we all watch Christmas movies. 
17. What tops your tree? Usually a star or a bow, but this year we put picks around the top. It's actually pretty cute.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I love Christmas shopping for everyone. and I have the hardest time stopping. It's such a blast watching everyone open their presents.
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum-my!
20. Favorite Christmas movie? The Santa Clause, The Holiday and Santa Clause is comin to Town.
21. Saddest Christmas song? I can't remember the name, but it talks about a little boy and a pair of shoes for his mom. I always cry.. especially when my mom is in the car/room with me.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I really love all the classics. They're so much fun to sing to. And Josh Groban's Silent Night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment